Monday 20 February 2012

Goodbye, Arrivedece, Doei, Au revoir


"Between now and you is a few hundred days, thousands of tears, and a great deal of dreaming. When those few hundred days have passed, when those thousands of tears have been shed, and when I have dreamt a great deal of dreams, I will be with you again, and it will be pure magic."

This passage is a typical example of what people involved in long distance relationships have to go through each and every single day without their loved ones by their side. The passage is beautiful, and profound, and it really speaks of sorrow and yearning… of enduring love.

There are those individuals who “happily” choose to endure the pain, because they know in their hearts that it’s really worth it. There are a lot of reasons why there are so many long distance relationships in the world. Most common reason I think is work and commitments. One partner has to go away to work and the other’s left behind. Another issue is, GEOGRAPHY. You meet someone who lives far far away and is geographically disagreeable but you feel something special for him, and you just can’t let it pass.


I think regardless of the reason, the hard earned fact still remains. Long distance relationships are ridiculously painful and to say the least, they suck, especially if you’re both in love with each other, and it’s a serious commitment (not just some superficial fling). I’m referring to real, deep, profound kind of love. When the absence of your loved one, is really killing you, tearing at your heart strings. I guess you just hang on to a hope that someday, you’ll be together again.

I for one am dating a guy who lives many months of the year abroad, he left last night. My heart hurts. Every beat, a constant, aching reminder of the last time I saw him. It’s a feeling I can’t quiet explain and the cherry on top- my best friend is moving to London in a week. I don’t particularly feel like going through this pain but at the end of the day, I have no choice. Whether it is a lover, or a friend, goodbyes are never easy. There is no giant warning saying “I will be tugging at your heartstrings...”


This heartache hopefully will fade, and become great excitement till the next time we meet again…

“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.” Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment