Monday 16 January 2012

One step...



Now that the blissfulness of the new year has ended… -yeah, holidays are officially  over! I started back at work last Monday… back to reality! – now I have to find ways of making days livable without murdering my salary.

As the end of the holidays arrive, we suddenly notice that the pocket is emptier than usual, and most likely it will be like this for the next few weeks. So for the moment toasting should be done under very pocket safe restrictions.

That doesn’t mean that the usual Mojito with the friends or the few nights out will end, but they will need to be measured. I’ll try. Hmmmmmm….

Even though it has been slower than normal, in this new year my mind has been swirling and I can’t deny that what I’m trying to do is to find ways of making my life better. I feel like I’m going through a quarter life crisis. Which is actually ridiculous because the year so far is looking rather perfect, yet, this absolute hunger to travel and live overseas is eating away at me. I am beyond wanderlust. So I am starting to map out my year. I have been taking baby steps, done plenty admin- I’ve paid close attention to my closet and belongings, getting rid of the things that don’t fit anymore and that I don’t like to find better use of them, and also those things that I’ve been holding on to for so long that need to be trashed. It is an incredibly fulfilling task. As my mom once said…
"your closet is a mirror of your mind ,the more clutter you keep in the closet, the more you have lingering on your head"
 Head clear…. ish!
There are enough reasons to toast in 2012… just make sure you don’t forget the things that you need to do to make it all worthwhile. It’s something I am taking into consideration.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment